Wednesday, December 2, 2009

New York style found in Small Town Iowa


Howlin' Coyote Grill
New York Style Graziano Sausage Pizza: Medium
Price: 12.99
Slice Rating: 7 our of 8


Kelsey's take:
Coyote's, the Howlin' Coyote or whatever this restaurant is to called now (I can't keep the name straight sometimes because the place has gone through so many name/owner changes) came to small town Panora, Iowa as a delicious place to get some BBQ grub and a few hush puppies on the side. But now, after yet another change in ownership, this restaurant has added many new things to it's list, among those: PIZZA. so naturally we had to give it a try. Made in the classic New York style, this pizza absolutely shocked me with just how good it was. When our Graziano sausage topped pizza, (for those of you who may not know, Graziano sausage is homemade, handmade sausage from the one and only DES MOINES!! oh baby)arrived at our pizza I knew this was going to be delicious. It did not let me down. The blend of cheeses and the very tomato tasting, yet not overpowering sauce worked well together on top of the crispy and thin crust. The corn meal on the bottom added a nice taste and texture to the experience and of course, you cannot go wrong with some Graziano sausage. I give this pizza a 7 out of 8 slices. A very surprising find in my home of small town Panora, Iowa.

Adam's Take:
This pizza is described as New York style pizza which I would disagree with, but I won’t disagree with how amazing this pizza tasted. New York style pizza in my opinion is a oversized floppy pizza that you can fold in half and eat it like a sandwich and that’s not the experiences you are going to get eating this pizza. Instead you find a pizza that better because it walks the line of eating it with a fork or just picking it up with your hands and diving into it. Any pizza that can be eaten both ways like this one definitely gets high marks from me. Kelsey already broke down the pizza from topping to crust and I couldn’t agree with her more on how each part complemented the others nicely. It’s a great pizza and well deserving of 7 out of 8 slices rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment