Saturday, December 5, 2009

It makes a different on who's the Papa


Papa John's Large Sausage Pizza - Dubuque, Ia
Price: $8.00
Rating 3 slices out of 8

Kelsey's Take:
Better Ingredients, Better Pizza, Papa John's??? woah now! Let's rethink that slogan. It's catchy, but oh so very deceiving. Let's try, "Average Ingredients, Yucky Pizza, Papa John's" Now I know that that may not be a great marketing campaign, but it sure as heck is closer to the truth. From the moment I opened the pizza box I knew that this wasn't going to go so well. The initial presentation of the pizza was absolutely unappetizing. With the uneven spreading of cheese and the heaping mounds of sauce that were exploding out of the pizza's orifices i could tell that this was a pizza that didn't care about upholding the taste integrity of the dish it was so disgracefully representing. This pizza made no attempts to satisfy anything other than hunger. A Pizza should do more than that. The Presentation should arouse the senses and force the mouth to water with anticipation and excitement. The Cheeses should melt in the mouth, giving a vast array of tastes for you to enjoy amidst the toppings and spices. And The Crust should simply say, "You're welcome. Now have some more!" This pizza did not get that memo. For that, I unfortunately have to give this pizza, 2 out of 8 slices.

Adam's Take:
Let's start with the positives about a Papa John's pizza. I got a great deal for a carryout special and it was done in 10 minuets. That's quicker than a frozen pizza I make at home. The customer service at Papa John's was amazing. I decide to wait the ten minuets in my car and the guy who made up pizza brought the pizza out to me that way I didn't have to go back inside. It's not a huge thing, but it's the little things that make the difference. The same can be said about the pizza. It was a completely horrible pizza, but it the little things that make the difference between an enjoyable pizza and good pizza. A enjoyable pizza is only good when you are really hungry where a good pizza is still good even if your stuffed full of pizza. This pizza was just an enjoyable pizza. That meant each slice didn't taste as good as the one before it and by the time I got to my last slice I really started to notice the flaws in a Papa John's pizza. Like I said before, it was the little things that got me, the little amount of sauce, the little amount of cheese, and the little amount of sausage that stayed on the pizza. I only recommend this pizza if you are extremely hungry, otherwise go to the other Papa pizza place instead, Papa Murphy's.
slice rating 4 out of 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment