Sunday, November 8, 2009

We get "Stuffed" with Chicago-style pizza




Large Chicago-Style Stuffed from Papa Murphy's. Dubuque, IA
$10.99
Slice Rating: 6 out of 8 slices

Kelsey's Take:
To say that this pizza is filling would be an understatement. This pizza, piled high with Salami, Pepperoni, Italian Sausage, Ground Beef, Onions, Roma Tomatoes, Traditional Pizza Sauce, and Mozzarella Cheese comes out of the oven smelling delicious and just begging to be eaten. However, halfway into my first slice, I felt like the pizza was laughing at me, knowing that I was no match for it. My inability to finish even two slices does not mean that this pizza was not delicious. Oh no, the multitude of toppings and cheeses are only topped by it's monstrosity of a crust, which is, far and away in my opinion the best part of any pizza, but is this one's best quality. For me, the Chicago-Style Stuffed from Papa Murphy's earns itself 6 slices out of 8.

Adam's Take:
I don't know if it's because I grew up in the midwest or some other reason, but Chicago-Style pizza is my favorite. Anytime I need to pick a up fork to eat my pizza I'm a very happy pizza eater. This particular Papa Murphy creation was great sampling of what Chicago style pizza is for anyone who never truly had a Chicago-Style Pizza. The pizza was load with a nice mixture of toppings and the dough used for the crust is the best part of any Papa Murphy pizza. For me, this pizza defiantly filled the that Chicago-style pizza void I've been craving and it more importantly filled my stomach. I going to have to give this Pie: 6 slices out of 8.

Overall:
For eleven dollars, this pizza can be well worth it, especially if you are feeding a larger group for even the biggest pizza lover can have trouble downing more than two of these monstrous slices. For those willing to make it themselves, the thirty minute bake time for this Chicago inspired pie will satisfy the taste buds of any hungry pizza eater.

No comments:

Post a Comment