Sunday, November 15, 2009

An Amazing Pizza from... The Olive Garden?


Chicken Alfredo Pizza from Olive Garden on Waterloo, IA
$11.95 with unlimited soup or salad or $9.95 pizza alone
Slice Rating: 6.5 out of 8 slices

Kelsey's Take:
Far and away one of the best gourmet pizzas that i have ever had. I found myself slightly jealous that I had not ordered this as my meal. usually not one for extravagant toppings such as alfredo sauce and grilled chicken, I found myself skeptical of the dish. but from the moment it graced the table with it's presence, I knew that it would be one for the books. The delicious blends of italian sauces, cheese, and spices with the addition of small grilled chicken slices made this pizza one of the most interesting, and delicious pizzas to eat. The pizza part itself felt just like thick, fluffy cheese with no obvious crust crunch that one is accustomed to when divulging into a pizza, making it a fork only pie. but then, the crust itself was the perfect blend between crunchy and soft with the most glorious butter glazing on it which complimented it in a way that was not overpowering but deliciously sweet, making it just what it should be on any pizza: the Grand Finale. The fact that it is a fork only pizza is an enhancement to the meal because the eater is forced to slow themselves down and not wolf down slice after slice like so many pizza eaters have trained themselves to do. The Fork helps you stop and enjoy the flavors that many miss. This pizza earns itself a 7 slices out of 8 from my books.

Adam's Take:
From my first bite at the Olive Garden to my last bite from my crouch this pizza pie impressed me. A pizza topped with grilled chicken, Italian cheeses, alfredo sauce and scallions isn't my normal pizza style of choice. Like I said before, the first bite I was captivated by the pizza for it mix of italian cheeses on top of alfredo sauce lightly covering the soft buttery wheat crust. I found myself saying wow after finishing each slice. Maybe because it was so different from every other pizza I have had in awhile, but I couldn't stop thinking about how amazing the ingredients blended together. That being said, this is a high class pizza, eaten with a fork not with your hands. This isn't a pizza your going to bring to a party with a bunch of friends and chow down on while watching the game. That is why I have to give Olive Gardens's Chicken Alfredo Pizza 6 slices out of 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment